Three Fragments Imitation
I’ll never tell you that I’m a picky eater! I already know I’ll never live it down; it’s as if it’s etched into my forehead welcoming all who can read it. Forget family gatherings, be it Christmas, Thanksgiving, or heck even Super Bowl Sunday it never fails to make an appearance. I hate it, it’s almost like I never grew up or something and all they can see still is the 11 year old me. I’ll never quite understand it what makes it so interesting, maybe it would be better if they just talked about how ingenious I was the first time I avoided food I didn’t like.
I remember sitting at our oval dirt brown dinner table. It was quite grand at its base but remained rather simple near the top. I recall the horrifying fact that Brussels sprouts were on the menu that night; something that I’d rather die than eat, what kid wouldn’t? However, after sitting down I noticed that my ingenious parents had left open a rather fatal opportunity in their scheme to get me to eat that poison, a napkin. There was nothing-easier then waiting till they weren’t looking to spit out all the Brussels bombs in it and then stash it someplace safe. Things got even better when I witnessed the clueless expressions on my captor’s faces as I stumbled upon the greatest hiding place ever. Underneath the table my Indiana Jones like hand uncovered the greatest discovery in my world. A small shelf like overhang was hidden near the base of the legs and it was just big enough for me to deposit my wonderful secret.
It’s not like it matters. Regardless of my ingenuity my family still goes on and on about how Thomas was a picky eater in his younger days. I can only hope that someday they all become senile and lose the ability to recall such days.

3 Comments:
Very interesting topic! I liked how you formatted your story. I liked the fact that you started by giving your personal thoughts and then by continuing telling a story about your past experiences. I thought it was really funny how you used to hide your food in that secret compartment, very smart! I think every kid always finds a way to get rid of that awful food they dislike LoL. I know my little brother does all the time. I really liked your blog, nice job!
Looking forward to the next one!
Your story had a very nice flow to it. You filled the reader in with plenty of information to make sure they understand what was happening. I liked how you split it up into threes just as the example in the book did. You gave background information, explained the situation, and then talked about what you hope for in the future.
You were very clever as a child to actually find a hiding place for your napkin. When I was younger I would try and spread my food out all over my plate so it looked like I ate more. My parents also bring up stories from when I was younger that I hope for them to forget some day!
Good job!
I understand this one. I am also a very picky eater, I won't even eat the food unless i prepare it myself most of the time. But your story was well written and had a good rhythm to it. I like how you hid the food and how happy you were to do so. It's funny but when we are young those just seem to be the best ideas. Great job!
Ali Z.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home